Episode 6: Hazel Henderson| The future of sustainability
When it comes to getting a perspective on the future of sustainability, who better to speak to than renowned author, futurist and sustainability pioneer Hazel Henderson. A long-time pioneer promoting the integration of environmental and social considerations into economics and business, Hazel has been a key mover in numerous key sustainability initiatives since the mid-1970s. A multi-award winning author, she has been a board member of many important environmental and social finance organisations, including Worldwatch Institute (1975-2001), Calvert Social Investment Fund (1982-2005), the Social Investment Forum and the Social Venture Network. Hazel co-developed with Calvert the GDP alternative measure now called the Ethical Markets Quality of Life Indicators. She set up Ethical Markets Media, a certified B Corporation in 2004.
In this interview, Hazel talks about:
- Why 2015 was the inflection point in the development of a cleaner green economy
- The key role of the UN in convening key parties to promote the sustainability agenda
- Why and how the current financial paradigm needs to change
- How the Ethicmark awards aim to transform advertising by demonstrating the power of media campaigns to inspire
- Why Hazel is excited about the potential of biomimicry: innovation inspired by nature
The post Episode 6: Hazel Henderson| The future of sustainability appeared first on The Sustainability Agenda.